Falling leaves, crisp air, cozy restaurants — there is something so charming about New York City during Autumn. While many of the city’s visitors flock to the area during the Summer, the changing of the seasons might just be the right time for you to schedule your New York City tours. The following are just some of the many reasons why you should take an Autumnal trip to the Big Apple.
- The fall foliage is simply beautiful. There is no doubt that Central Park is beautiful. It has been featured in over 240 films since 1908, making it the most filmed public park in the world. And the park gets even better in the Fall when it explodes into color. Take your walking tour of Central Park during October to soak in nature’s warmest spectacle.
- The tourist crowds thin out. As kids and students head back to school in the Fall, the city generally sees fewer tourists. This leaves more room for you to breathe and explore New York. If you are not a fan of crowds at all, you might consider a private walking tour to get your ideal experience.
- You can enjoy seasonal food and drink. The Northeastern United States is full of delicious flavors during Autumn. While in the city, you can try out the many regional ciders and even hunt down the best apple doughnut. When the air gets chilly, you can tuck into a cafe to enjoy one of the many seasonal coffee drinks.
- Fall activities happen around the city. In addition to your New York City tours, you might consider stopping by some of the many Fall festivals. As Halloween season roles around, seek out a fun costume party or film screening to attend.
- You can test out your favorite Fall fashion. New York City is certainly one of the fashion capital of the world, so what better place to try out your new Fall clothes? Have fun with layers and warm colors. And when in doubt, there are plenty of places to shop.
Tours in New York during the Fall simply can’t be beat. You can breathe in the crisp air while enjoying the sights and sounds of this bustling urban center. And at the end of the day, these is always some Fall comfort food to try.
Looking to schedule your own exciting NYC tour? Whether you want to learn more about the city’s cinematic culture, unique gangster history, or just want to see the most iconic tourist spots, contact our experienced tour guides today!